Information, Communication and Technology
Umow Lai’s specialist Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Consultants provide professional, independent consulting services, unbiased advice and design solutions based on the most appropriate and cost effective systems for our clients.
We are independent in the truest sense, as we do not share alliances with any specific vendors or manufacturers.
Our ICT Consultants’ objectivity and support from our in-house Building Services Engineers allows us to deliver technology solutions that meet clients’ immediate and future needs and are fully integrated within the built environment and the building engineering services infrastructure.
The group, consisting of a team specialist consultants, has extensive expertise across the entire spectrum of client environments has transformed the way in which we approach the design of technology infrastructure. We spend the time to understand our clients’ business and what is important to them. We challenge assumptions and explore alternatives to determine the best-fit solution.
We are at the forefront of technology investing in regular study tours overseas, learning and adopting where applicable in Australia.
Areas of Expertise
- Audiovisual Presentation, Collaboration and Video Conferencing Solutions and Tele-Presence
- Performance Spaces such as Home Theatres, Lecture Theatres, Auditoriums and Conference Rooms
- Feasibility Studies for Emerging Technologies
- Technology Sustainability Audits
- Business Continuity Reviews
- Telephony and Information Technology (Data) Networking Audits and System Design
- Production of ‘Technology Standards’ for client organisations
- Advisory and design services for Structured Communications Cabling Systems
- Management of Technology Relocations
- Electronic and Physical Security Measures (including access controls and CCTV)
- Security Audits, Risk Assessments and Countermeasure Applications
- Security Systems for High Risk Environments (including Prisons, Police Stations and Control Rooms)
- Radio Frequency (RF) Surveys
- Acoustic Modelling for Lecture Theatres and Performance Spaces
- Theatre Sound Systems